|Hours can vary each day. Please check report daily for updates.|
|It is always advisable to call ahead as hours can be affected by weather and snow conditions.|
Toggenburg's original lodge continued to grow, section by section, after the area opened in 1953. Here is the lodge as it appeared in 1975. The bar and rental shop section on the north (left) end had yet to be built. Guests enjoyed the rustic wooden floors and walls. Fire destroyed the lodge in 1988.
Compare Toggenburg's early trail maps to today's map, and you'll see how much we've grown. In 1956, Tog was basically a large open slope, where today's "Main" and "Doc's Run" are located.
As time went on, Tog offered 10 trails. A few of those early names are long gone, but some still survive today.
Before Toggenburg opened in the 1952-53 ski season, the largest slopes in Central New York were at hills owned by local ski clubs, or at Drumlins or Syracuse University's Skytop. Most skiers had to travel to Snow Ridge near Turin or to the Adirondacks or Vermont for big-time skiing. The area was founded by Eugene Hickey and Harry Ehle, and later, Frank Mueller replacing Ehle. It started with leasing a farm that raised goats. They named the ski center after the Toggenburg region of Switzerland, famous for originating the Toggenburg breed of milk goat. Within a short time, Dr. Hickey bought out Mueller. The Hickey family continued ownership until selling in 2015 to Marc Stemerman and John Meier, owners of Greek Peak Mountain Resort.