Toggenburg Mountain Winter Sports Center has been Central New York's family place to ski and ride for more than 60 years.
Toggenburg Mountain opened in 1956, as basically one large open slope, where "Main" and "Doc's Run" trails are located. Today, Toggenburg has 21 trails, including two terrain parks, serviced by five lifts - not to mention, one of the most acclaimed eateries in Central NY, The Foggy Goggle Restaurant.
Located on Toggenburg Road just off NY Rt. 80, it is one mile east of the Village of Fabius, and just 30 minutes from Syracuse or Cortland. Toggenburg is co-owned by Greek Peak Mountain Resort.
History of Toggenburg Mountain:
The area was founded by Eugene Hickey and Harry Ehle, Robert Kells and later, Frank Mueller replacing Ehle. It started with leasing a farm that raised goats. They named the ski center after the Toggenburg region of Switzerland, famous for originating the Toggenburg breed of milk goat. Within a short time, Dr. Hickey bought out Mueller. The Hickey family continued ownership until selling in 2015 to Marc Stemerman and John Meier, owners of Greek Peak Mountain Resort.